Nurture & Inclusion
Statement of Intent
Our aim to have a consistent, whole school approach to behaviour where each child is recognised for their individuality and is taught important life skills which will enable them to fit into the school community and reach their full potential. We are passionate about supporting children in making choices that will enable them to succeed in all aspects of their life. We aim to provide children with clear boundaries and consequences for their behaviour while supporting them in making good behaviour choices. We provide children with tools to help them successfully resolve conflict and equip them to understand how the choices they have made have affected others. We work in a positive environment promoting positive language and finding opportunities to highlight good behaviour choices. We recognise that children make mistakes and this is part of the learning process. We stress the importance taking responsibility for our actions and working hard to rectify any damage our choices have caused and promote alternative ways we could act in a similar situation in the future.
Evidence of Standards and Teaching
- Evidence to be added as bullet points by end of Year
Evidence of Fundamental British Values & Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Statement
School should promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Through the promotion of SMSC, schools should:
- Enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal laws of England.
- Encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviours, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely.
- Further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation of and a respect for their own and others cultures.
- Encourage respect for other people