Wearing our uniform correctly shows that:
- We are PROUD to belong to Cherry Tree Academy
- We have HIGH EXPECTATIONS of our appearance, work and behaviour
- We are a FAMILY
- We are PREPARED for HIGH SCHOOL and the future world of work
Research also shows that wearing the correct uniform has a positive impact on children’s attitudes to learning and behaviour.
Our uniform is as follows:
- Black school trousers
- Black skirt (no more than 1 inch above the knee)
- Black shorts (summer)
- Red-white checked/striped dress (Summer)
- White polo-shirt/cotton shirt
- Red jumper / sweatshirt / Cardigan
- Black shoes
- Black or grey tights
What our uniform is NOT:
- Coloured trainers / shoes
- Jogging bottoms (unless for PE)
- Mini-skirts / tight skirts
In keeping with our primary focus on learning rather than on image, all children are expected to maintain an appropriate hairstyle.
We are aware that children are continually subjected to fashion influences with regard to hairstyles and hair wear ‑ some of which are appropriate to the school situation whilst others are not, such as colours, tramlines and patterns.